Make it Count with Functional Skills Qualifications
Functional Skills qualifications are designed to support learners with the fundamental skills of English, Maths and Essential Digital Skills (coming soon) which stand as the foundations for their personal and professional lives. It is well documented how too many young people do not achieve GCSE qualifications in these subjects but through the functional skills suite, young people and adults can study concise, practical and relevant learning, often contextualised to their chosen jobs and career paths.
Functional Skills qualifications also form a key component of 16-19 Study Programmes and a key component of apprenticeship training. Through our partnership with another leading awarding organisation, Open Awards, we can now offer AIM centres a suite of Functional Skills qualifications through our own approval process.
The fantastic new package includes:
- Entry Level 1 to Level 2 in English, Maths, and Essential Digital Skills (coming soon)
- Paper-based and on-line exams
- On-demand exam scheduling
- Practice assessments and feedback reports for learners
- Remote invigilation
Functional Skills Qualifications
All Functional Skills qualifications are offered to AIM centres for £18.50 per registration.
- Open Awards Entry Level 1 Functional Skills English
- Open Awards Entry Level 2 Functional Skills English
- Open Awards Entry Level 3 Functional Skills English
- Open Awards Level 1 Functional Skills English
- Open Awards Level 2 Functional Skills English
- Open Awards Entry Level 1 Functional Skills Maths
- Open Awards Entry Level 2 Functional Skills Maths
- Open Awards Entry Level 3 Functional Skills Maths
- Open Awards Level 1 Functional Skills Maths
- Open Awards Level 2 Functional Skills Maths
Read how functional skills qualifications enable centres to support the 16.4% of adults with poor literacy skills in our latest blog.
Interim Director for Business Growth and Transformation, Fabienne Bailey, gives her views on Functional Skills' ability to provide learners with fundamental skills for employment.
Deliver these qualifications
Through our collaboration with Open Awards, current AIM Group centres can apply to deliver these qualifications through the MIA portal or through the website. Once approved, centres will receive training and support on accessing the tools and resources. There is no additional approval fee required. For more information contact your Centre Lead or email email@example.com.
Centres new to the AIM Group, should speak to our Business Development Team who can talk you through the offer.