Access to HE
Updated 22 March 2021
We have been working closely with QAA to provide as much information and support to all providers to enable the award of the Access to HE Diploma under these extraordinary times.
1. QAA updated arrangements
In response to the release of information from Ofqual (on 25 February), regarding the arrangements for the Award of GQs, VTQs and OGQs, QAA have released an update for students and providers.
- Update for students: Arrangements for the award and assessments of the of the Access to HE Diploma - Mar 21.
- Update for providers: Arrangements for the award and assessment of the Access to HE Diploma 2020-2021 - Mar 21
- Updated guidance on the awarding of Access to HE diplomas 2021
- Draft Provider Guidance to AVAs (PDF)
- Draft HEP Statement to AVAs (PDF)
- Draft Provider Statement to AVAs (PDF)
- Draft Student Statement to AVAs (PDF)
- QAA FAQs
2. Access to Higher Education Clinics
Due to the popularity of the clinics held during the ERF in 2020, we are holding monthly clinics to offer continued support during these extraordinary times. These two-hour sessions will run via GoToMeeting and are suitable for anyone involved in Access to HE at an AIM centre.
There will be two different clinics per month (except August)
- Themed clinics: focussing on a different aspect of Access to HE, new developments, a QAA update and opportunities for questions.
- Q&A sessions: open forum, drop-in sessions, hosted by the moderation manager.
Full details can be found on our training and events page.