Access to HE
Updated 19 January 2021
We have been working closely with QAA to provide as much information and support to all providers to enable the award of the Access to HE Diploma under these extraordinary times.
1. QAA updated arrangements
- Updated guidance on the awarding of Access to HE diplomas 2021
- Draft Provider Guidance to AVAs (PDF)
- Draft HEP Statement to AVAs (PDF)
- Draft Provider Statement to AVAs (PDF)
- Draft Student Statement to AVAs (PDF)
AIM are putting together a support plan for centres for the duration of this academic year and will be sharing this with centres shortly.
Thank you for submitting your claims by the June 5 deadline. Our moderators are currently identifying the samples required and will be in contact shortly. We have left these forms for you to download for your records only.
- Evidence coversheet with instructions
- Blank evidence coversheet – not including GDs
- Blank Evidence coversheet – including GDs
You may choose which version of the coversheet you prefer to use but please be consistent across the diploma.
Extraordinary Internal Moderation (IM) documentation
The supporting document has been updated to reflect changes:
Section B – amendment to page 6 formative evidence amended to formative assessment in the bullet list (as requested).
Section C – evidence coversheet – removal of ‘of’ in the final two columns of section B of the evidence coversheet.
Students completing after 31st July
- Awarding the Access to HE Diploma for students completing after 31 July 2020: tutor guide
3. Access to Higher Education Clinics
Due to the popularity of the clinics held during the ERF in 2020, we are holding monthly clinics to offer continued support during these extraordinary times. These two-hour sessions will run via GoToMeeting and are suitable for anyone involved in Access to HE at an AIM centre.
There will be two different clinics per month (except August)
- Themed clinics: focussing on a different aspect of Access to HE, new developments, a QAA update and opportunities for questions.
- Q&A sessions: open forum, drop-in sessions, hosted by the moderation manager.
Full details can be found on our training and events page.