Funding support for apprentices who have been made redundant and Functional Skills
23 February 2021
Following the Prime Minister’s announcement on 22 February, the Department for Education's guidance 'Providing apprenticeships during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak' has been updated.
We have implemented a number of changes to help employers and training providers minimise disruption to apprentices about to go through Gateway. We have adjusted our assessments for the following standards so that these can now be undertaken remotely.
- Advertising and Media Executive
- Broadcast Production Assistant
- Junior Content Producer
- Public Relations and Communications Assistant
- VFX: Assistant Technical Director
- VFX: Junior 2D artist
Full details of the changes can be found on our webpage (EPA Remote Assessment)
Department for Education
- The Department for Education have established a Coronavirus Helpline: 0800 046 8687
- Adjustments to funding arrangements will be the subject of direction from the ESFA www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-apprenticeship-programme-response Queries should be sent directly to the Institute: firstname.lastname@example.org To help them identify and prioritise your query please use the following title in the subject box: EPA_Covid 19 [your Organisation name]
The Institute for Apprenticeships
The Institute for Apprenticeships has updated their COVID-19 web page featuring guidance around apprenticeship assessment and external quality assurance, frequently asked questions and signposting to the right people to deal with enquiries.
The Institute has announced that all end-point assessment (EPA) flexibilities put in place due to coronavirus (COVID-19) will be extended until the end of the year. They have also introduced a temporary flexibility to allow apprenticeship certificates to be sent to an alternative address. Read more about it on their website.