Make it Count with Dog Grooming Qualifications
With an estimated 10.2 million pet dogs in the UK, an increase of 3.5 million more than in 2020 (Statistica), there is increased demand placed on the Dog Grooming industry. Despite this, the industry still has a large pool of professionals who remain unqualified. Over the years however, more consumers and professionals are expecting regulation from the industry, and we are seeing more demand for grooming centres to demonstrate their skills and expertise through their qualified status.
Thanks to AIM’s popular suite of Dog Grooming qualifications, we can help centres to provide an understanding of what is required when grooming a dog and encourage the skills that are necessary when training the next generation of dog groomers.
What’s more, we are one of the UK’s leading awarding organisations that offer a full suite of Level 3 Dog Grooming qualifications and here’s why:
- there are no entry requirements to be able to enrol onto any of our Level 3 Dog Grooming qualifications
- there are no externally set exams
- our centres are qualified experts in the industry and have been successfully training and qualifying learners for a number of years
- our centres can offer flexible training approaches, with some offering flexible payment plans to help spread the cost of getting trained and qualified
- the learning doesn’t stop! – some of our centres provide support and additional training beyond gaining your qualification.
Customers buy into groomers based on trust, knowledge and expertise - especially when they are handling their loveable pooch(s). They therefore, want to deal with a groomer who is qualified. So why not reassure your customers that the groomer they are dealing with is Level 3 qualified? Get ahead of the game and give your business the credibility it deserves through our suite of Ofqual-regulated Dog Grooming qualifications.
Ofqual regulated dog grooming qualifications
Great news for new and existing AIM centres! - our suite of Dog Grooming qualifications has been relaunched with new and updated content that will enable learners to:
- carry out maintenance and coat preparation on dogs
- promote, monitor and maintain the health and wellbeing of dogs
- promote and monitor the health and safety
- understanding legislation
- undertake customer consultations on planning grooms and styles
- give canine first aid
- understand customer relations and expectations
- handle, restrain and move dogs
- carry out styling and finishing techniques.
Content varies across our Level 3 Award, Certificate or Diploma in Dog Grooming and has been written by experts from the industry including our centres. Our qualifications are designed to provide learners with all round knowledge and skills that will equip them with all they need to become a dog groomer.
- AIM Qualifications Level 3 Award in Dog Grooming
- AIM Qualifications Level 3 Certificate in Dog Grooming
- AIM Qualifications Level 3 Diploma in Dog Grooming
New and updated content includes:
- an increase in GLH/TQT for all qualifications in the suite at Award, Certificate and Diploma levels
- additional components added to cover health and safety, customer relations and expectations, and legislation (where appropriate)
- updated content within each component to reflect current practice, in line with current legislation and mapped against current national occupational standards.
Endorsement of your grooming services
Great news for AIM centres delivering our Level 3 Diploma in Dog Grooming qualification! We can provide your learners with a ‘qualified logo’ and certificate to display in their salon, endorsing their achievement of the qualification upon their successful completion. Get in touch with your Centre Lead for your copy today!
|Images courtesy of Bentleys Dog Grooming Academy|
It’s never been a better time to become a Dog Groomer! Training to be a dog groomer can be both rewarding and challenging, but your passion for the role will potentially turn it into a lifelong career.
AIM Qualifications and Assessment Developer, Hayley Dilley, has provided some tips to consider when deciding on why and where to study if you are in the early stages of getting into the sector or considering a change of profession.
Other canine provision
We also offer qualifications in the following canine care and training provision:
Assistance Dog Training
- AIM Qualifications Level 3 Diploma in Assistance Dog Training
Canine Behaviour Practitioner
- AIM Qualifications Level 5 Diploma Canine Behaviour Practitioner
Canine Care, Behaviour, Training and Welfare
- AIM Qualifications Level 2 Award in Canine Care and Welfare
- AIM Qualifications Level 3 Award in Canine Care, Behaviour and Welfare
- AIM Qualifications Level 3 Certificate in Canine Training and Behaviour
- AIM Qualifications Level 3 Certificate in Canine Nutrition
- AIM Qualifications Level 3 Diploma in Canine Care, Behaviour and Welfare
- AIM Qualifications Level 3 Diploma in Canine Massage
- AIM Qualifications Level 4 Diploma in Canine Welfare, Training and Behaviour
Dog Training and Husbandry
- AIM Qualifications Entry Level Award in Dog Training and Husbandry
- AIM Qualifications Level 1 Award in Dog Training and Husbandry
- AIM Qualifications Level 2 Award in Dog Training and Husbandry
Professional Pet Sitting, Dog Walking, Dog Daycare and Boarding
- AIM Qualifications Level 4 Certificate in Professional Pet Sitting, Dog Walking, Dog Daycare and Boarding
New qualifications – coming soon!
- AIM Qualifications Level 3 Canine First Aid *COMING SOON*
- AIM Qualifications Level 4 Dog Grooming *COMING SOON*
What our learners say about our qualifications
“Thanks to Bentleys I have started my new career in dog grooming! I decided to follow my dream during the pandemic, and with help from Shelley, Charlotte and the team it has finally come true! So a great big thank you to the academy, it really has helped me tremendously and gotten me through a bit of a grey patch in terms of career and helped confirm that this career path was the one for me.”
Nicola – Hugos Gog Grooming
“I had such an amazing time training at Bentleys I didn’t want to ever finish my course as everyone was so lovely and I really have made some true friends ! Thanks to Shelley for her amazing training, she helped me become a confident dog groomer, and not only trained me to dog groom but also supported me setting up my own business and still offers support for us all even when we’ve left the academy.
I would highly recommend the courses at Bentleys as it has such a lovely atmosphere both in the training area and also downstairs in the main salon with all the lovely girls who also are so helpful and taught me so much. I started the course with no experience and Shelley was so helpful, kind and patient with me and now I have a great skill set and can’t wait for my future career.”
Hattie – Crofts Dog Groomers
“I have had the most amazing experience whilst training at Bentley’s Academy. Not only have I made many friends, the team (Shelley, Charlotte & her lovely girls in the salon) at Bentley’s provided me with the tools & taught me skills to follow my dreams enabling me to work with my favourite companions. Bentley’s believed In me, even when I felt I was struggling. With the support, their ongoing positivity and professionalism I now have my own business and loving life...
...I would highly recommend Bentley’s if you are looking for a career with these fantastic animals...
...Thank you Bentleys Academy".
Nicky – Woofs and Bubbles
“Training with Bentley’s has been the most fulfilling and life-changing experience. Shelley has not only helped me to grow as a groomer but, as a person as well. Shelley and Charlotte have taught me so many skills and shared invaluable knowledge in order to help me achieve my dream of working with my favourite people - dogs! Shelley is the kindest, most patient and understanding person I have ever had the pleasure of working with. I couldn’t have asked for a better mentor and role model. She supported and guided me through the times of self-doubt and now, I can look forward to starting my new venture building my business. If you want to learn how to be a professional dog groomer - Bentley’s is the place to go! Thank you so much Shelley, Charlotte and the Bentley’s team. I will miss you all dearly!”
Ottilie – Tillies Tails
Delivering these qualifications
Centres new to the AIM Group, should speak to our Business Development Team who can talk you through the offer.
|Complete the form below to receive our leaflet.|