Retrofit Training and Professional Development: 5 Reasons to get AIM Qualified
1 March 2023
The UK government has ambitious plans to improve the energy efficiency of housing stock by 2035 as part of its decarbonisation goal to reach net zero emissions by 2050.
AIM Qualifications and Assessment Group understands the challenges associated with retrofitting 26 million homes and especially the 4.1 million social housing dwellings - many of which perform below acceptable EPC ratings.
Low-efficiency social housing means homes are cold, damp, and expensive to run for some of the most disadvantaged sections of society. This causes a range of physical and mental health issues for millions of low-income families that are already facing the scourge of fuel poverty in the rapidly increasing cost of living crisis.
AIM Qualifications, in partnership with a leading sector specialist, The retrofit Academy, developed a suite of retrofit qualifications aimed at providing a solution for changing this dynamic across the UK.
Available at Levels 2 to 5, the qualifications are starting to make a significant impact on training the task force of retrofit professionals that are needed, to ensure whole-house compliant retrofit energy saving measures are achieved at scale across the UK.
Why complete an AIM Retrofit qualification?
AIM’s suite of retrofit qualifications:
- Save learners, studying Level 4 and 5 retrofitting courses, up to £3,000 in course fees with Government funding available (until March 2023) in the following areas of the UK:
- New Anglia
- Peterborough and Cambridgeshire
- West Midlands
- Provide the framework for delivering leading edge training and professional development to:
- a new generation of retrofit professionals in the UK
- help employers fill vital skills gaps within the sector through upskilling or retraining opportunities
- support colleges and training providers to train their trainers who will deliver these courses.
- Offer career progression through the achievement of qualifications available at different levels (3, 4 and 5).
- Cover key skills and knowledge relating to design, assessment and project management of a wide range of energy-saving refurbishment projects, ensuring whole-house retrofit measures.
- Provide accreditation for professionals linked to a clear industry standard requirement (BSI PAS 2035).
Help and Advice
- Find out more about AIM's Retrofit qualifications.
- If you’re an existing centre, creating a new course to add to your existing portfolio is a straight-forward process. Please contact your Centre Lead to discuss your requirements further.
- New centres – learn more about how to become a recognised AIM centre here.