Operations or Departmental Manager EPA
The Operations or Departmental Manager EPA is the end-point assessment for this Level 5 standard.
An Operations or departmental manager manages teams and/or projects, and achieving operational or departmental goals and objectives, as part of the delivery of the organisation’s strategy. They are accountable to a more senior manager or business owner. Working in the private, public or third sector and in all sizes of organisation, specific responsibilities and job titles will vary, but the knowledge, skills and behaviours needed will be the same.
Key responsibilities may include creating and delivering operational plans, managing projects, leading and managing teams, managing change, financial and resource management, talent management, coaching and mentoring. Roles may include: Operations manager, Regional manager, Divisional manager, Department manager and Specialist managers.
- Level 2 English and maths
- A portfolio of work-based evidence, used to support the professional discussion
- An approved project proposal summary
- Project proposal, presentation and questioning: The project proposal involves the apprentice completing and submitting a piece of work that has a real business benefit. This is followed by a presentation delivered by the apprentice, and then questions from an assessor.
- Professional discussion: A 60-minute discussion with an assessor, supported by a portfolio of evidence.
Indicative duration of assessment
The EPA will typically be completed within a period of up to five months once the gateway requirements have been met.
Find out more on the Institute for Apprenticeships & Technical Education website.
We are members of the Association of Apprentices which unlocks access to a host of free resources and peer support aimed at helping apprentices maximise their apprenticeship.
If you would like to speak to our team about AIM end-point assessment services, please email email@example.com