Multi-channel Marketer EPA
The Multi-channel Marketer EPA is the end-point assessment for this Level 3 standard.
This occupation is found in small, medium, large and multinational organisations in private, public and third sectors such as the finance, construction, facilities, automotive, manufacturing, engineering, health, retail, food, hospitality, and IT.
The role of a Multi-channel Marketer is to support customer-focused marketing activities that drive the demand for a product or service and will contribute to implementing the marketing strategy and plans. Their responsibilities will include carrying out marketing activities across a multitude of platforms, channels and systems that are essential to the marketing function and activities of the company.
An employee in this occupation will be responsible for coordinating and delivering specific marketing activities such as marketing content creation, background market and customer research, monitoring campaign analytic and collecting data, using relevant marketing software/systems, maintaining marketing administration activities such as managing the supply of marketing literature, tracking marketing expenditure, supporting the procurement of, and overseeing the delivery of work by external and internal marketing suppliers.
- Level 2 English and maths
- A project scoping document
- A portfolio of work-based evidence, used to support the professional discussion
- Interview: A 60-minute interview with an assessor, supported by a portfolio of evidence
- Written project report with presentation and questioning: The project involves the apprentice completing and submitting a piece of work that has a real business benefit. This is followed by a presentation delivered by the apprentice, and then questions from an assessor
Indicative Duration of Assessment
The EPA will typically be completed within a period of up to five months once the Gateway requirements have been met.
Find out more on the Institute for Apprenticeships & Technical Education website.
We are members of the Association of Apprentices which unlocks access to a host of free resources and peer support aimed at helping apprentices maximise their apprenticeship.
If you would like to speak to our team about AIM end-point assessment services, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.