Junior Visual Effects – VFX Artist or Assistant Technical Director – ATD
Junior Visual Effects – VFX Artist or Assistant Technical Director – ATD EPA is the end-point assessment for this Level 4 standard.
This occupation is normally found in the British and International visual effects (VFX) industries, providing digital content for film, television, advertising, corporate and immersive reality industries. The output and remit of a VFX studio is varied, and they will produce work for a range of clients across advertising, film, television and immersive reality. Some studios specialise in one area, particularly feature films which is the largest area of the industry.
The broad purpose of the occupation is to collaborate with the team to create or manipulate VFX assets or elements to meet production requirements and perform a range of support functions to ensure the smooth running of a visual effects project. This is a core and options apprenticeship, with three options and the option taken is dependent on the VFX specialism of the employer.
- Level 2 English and maths
- A portfolio of work-based evidence, used to support the professional discussion
- An approved project proposal
- Project, with presentation and questions The project involves the apprentice completing a piece of work that meets the needs of the employer’s business and is relevant to their role. This is followed by a presentation delivered by the apprentice, which is an overview of their project, and then questions from an assessor.
- Professional discussion underpinned by a portfolio: A 60-minute discussion with an assessor, supported by a portfolio of evidence.
Indicative duration of assessment
The EPA will typically be completed within a period of up to three months once the gateway requirements have been met. The project output is submitted to the EPAO after Gateway.
Find out more
Find out more on the Institute for Apprenticeships & Technical Education website
We are members of the Association of Apprentices which unlocks access to a host of free resources and peer support aimed at helping apprentices maximise their apprenticeship.
If you would like to speak to our team about AIM end-point assessment services, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.