Digital Learning Designer EPA
The Digital Learning Designer EPA is the end-point assessment for this Level 5 standard.
This occupation is found in organisations of any size or sector where there is either an internal need, or where digital learning services are part of their business outputs.
The broad purpose of the occupation is to scope, design, develop, and maintain digital learning materials and provisions for educational and professional development programmes, courses, and other learning initiatives.
In their daily work, an employee in this occupation interacts with a wide range of internal and external departments and stakeholders. These include primarily subject matter experts, educators and training professionals but also various professional staff such as IT, operations, marketing and management. They may also work with independent creative and legal professionals as well as professional bodies. They interact directly with a wide range of learners who may be employees, students, or public consumers.
An employee in this occupation will be responsible for making sure deliverables are achieved and documented within agreed project specifications and timescales. They are responsible for sound and appropriate design for effective learning in specific contexts. They ensure the quality of the digital learning content and configurations.
- Level 2 English and maths
- A project scoping document
- A portfolio of work-based evidence, used to support the professional discussion
- Professional discussion: A 60-minute discussion with an assessor, supported by a portfolio of evidence
- Project with presentation and questioning: The project involves the apprentice completing and submitting a piece of work that has a real business benefit. This is followed by a presentation delivered by the apprentice, and then questions from an assessor
Indicative Duration of Assessment
The EPA will typically be completed within a period of up to four months once the Gateway requirements have been met.
Find out more on the Institute for Apprenticeships & Technical Education website.
We are members of the Association of Apprentices which unlocks access to a host of free resources and peer support aimed at helping apprentices maximise their apprenticeship.
If you would like to speak to our team about AIM end-point assessment services, please email email@example.com.