Content Creator EPA
The Content Creator EPA is the end-point assessment for this level 3 standard.
The Content Creator EPA is the end-point assessment for this Level 3 standard. A content creator is responsible for developing and creating content that can be used across a variety of media including digital, social media, broadcast or in print. Working to the customer/client brief, they research, prepare and develop the media messaging to maximise audience engagement, capturing the strategy and objectives of the brand and needs of the customer they are representing. The content they create can be used as a part of media, advertising or marketing campaign. They must capture what is exciting about a campaign and design the elements that can be used across media platforms and channels.
The standard covers core technical skills and knowledge, including production planning, production development, industry awareness and content creation. It also develops an apprentice's soft skills, including time management, collaborative working and reflective practice. This standard has been developed in partnership with leading employers across the broadcasting industry including the BBC, ITV, Channel 4 and Amazon and delivery partners that includes independent training providers and colleges of further education.
- A portfolio of work-based evidence, used to support the professional discussion.
- An approved project proposal.
- Level 2 English and maths.
- Project report, and presentation with questioning: a written report, based on a completed workplace project, supported by a presentation of creative content ideas to an assessor. The presentation and questioning component is conducted via an online meeting platform.
- Professional discussion: a one-hour discussion with an assessor, supported by a submitted portfolio of evidence. This is conducted via an online meeting platform.
Indicative duration of assessment
There is a four-week period, following gateway, for completion of the report. The assessment of the presentation and professional discussion will follow and will usually be completed within three weeks of report submission (subject to availability of facilities and assessor).
Find out more
Find out more on the Institute for Apprenticeships & Technical Education website
We are members of the Association of Apprentices which unlocks access to a host of free resources and peer support aimed at helping apprentices maximise their apprenticeship.