Access to HE Diplomas with AIM
The Access to HE diploma is a full Level 3 qualification designed to prepare learners without traditional qualifications for entry into Higher Education (HE).
Highly respected and acknowledged throughout both the Further Education (FE) and HE sectors, Access to HE diplomas provide the knowledge and skills needed to progress to level 4 study at university or college and enable learners who may be lacking in confidence, or lacking formal educational backgrounds, to access higher level education or new work and career opportunities. Each year around 40,000 learners in the UK register on Access to HE Diplomas and most go on to succeed in HE and embark on life-changing new careers.
On successful completion, learners receive a national qualification which is accepted as a standard entry qualification by many HE providers in England and Wales. AIM Qualifications and Assessment Group works with over 80 centres who offer over AIM Access to HE courses in a wide-range of sectors. A full list of AIM diploma titles can be found here.
AIM - Your AVA of Choice
AIM is an Access Validating Agencies (AVAs). We develop, approve and monitor Access to HE courses. QAA (the UK’s Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education) licenses AVAs to award the Access to HE Diplomas to successful students. AVAs develop, approve and monitor Access to HE courses, and work with course providers (Colleges, training providers etc) to deliver excellent courses that meet the needs of their learners.
AIM Qualifications and Assessment Group is one of the leading Access Validating Agency in the UK with over 40 years’ experience of developing qualifications. We have been awarded the lowest risk rating from QAA so when you work with us as your AVA you know you’ll be in safe hands.
Not all AVAs are the same
With AIM you get:
- An AVA with a great reputation: AIM is one of the leading AVAs delivering Access to HE Diplomas to over 80 colleges/training providers across the UK. (See QAA)
- Low Risk: We are a low risk AVA (as categorised by QAA)
- Choice: A large selection of Diploma titles including social sciences, business, education Nursing and allied health professions, engineering and arts.*
- Pre-Access to HE qualifications: Level 2 qualifications providing a stepping-stone to an Access to Higher Education Diploma.
- On-line delivery/blended learning options for many Diploma titles through Pearl.
- eLearning courses specially developed to support AIM centres with some Free study skills options:
- Research and Referencing
- IT for Academic Study
- Producing a Written Assignment
- Progression Skills
- Preparing for a Controlled Assessment
- High-value and competitive pricing
- Academic rigour and strong achievement rates.
- A bespoke quality assurance approach designed to support you throughout the year
- Awards and recognition: Annual Excellence Awards and prizes to recognise outstanding learner commitment and achievement.
- A specialist team: AIM’s Access to HE team will help you to enhance the delivery of your provision.
- Relevant, quality diplomas developed by specialist practitioners from FE and HE meeting the needs of students.
- Instant access: Ready-made, off the shelf diplomas that can simply be selected and used immediately.
- Training and networking events
- Effective and supportive quality assurance through external moderation and standardisation with subject specialist moderators offering support and guidance.
- Tailored moderation visits to suit your centre/staff.
- Very little mandating of units to be delivered.
- Time to choose: Units that do not need to be decided until the point of registration of the learner so tutors can plan their teaching to specific cohorts.
- Approved units: Access to a bank of approved units across a range of curriculum areas.
- Flexible Assessment methods with no formal examination element; Flexibility to easily change the diplomas you offer; Flexibility to design your own assessments - no mandating of assessment, delivery methods, or guided learning hours.
- Efficient registration and awards process with fast certification – 99% of certificates are sent out within two days of results being verified.
- Support and development: On-going curriculum support and development for new diplomas
- Recognition of learning excellence: AIM centres can nominate their learners and their centres for AIM’s excellence awards and to the national Keith Fletcher memorial prize.
New for 2023
In addition to the above, centres can now benefit from our new Resource Pack