Work with us
To learn more about AIM Qualifications and Assessment Group, visit our About AIM webpage.
If you have any questions about the organisation or the role, please contact our recruitment team, we look forward to hearing from you.
Associate Assessor - Data Technician (Level 3)
Job Type: Part time
Closing Date: January 31st, 2024
Standard: Data Technician (Level 3)
Hours per week: Contracted, Freelance
Salary/Fee: Fee per assessment, based on daily rate
Location: Multiple locations across the UK. Occasional travel to AIM HQ in Derby may be required.
AIM supports the growth in the end-point assessment (EPA) of apprenticeship standards, delivery of high-quality EPA, and working in partnership with major employers across sectors. We are currently focusing our work on the creative and cultural industries. We are seeking to recruit talented and motivated assessors across a range of standards in the creative sector, including Data Technician.
Assessors for this standard should be knowledgeable within the occupation and have recent, relevant experience at the same level, or a more senior level than the apprentices they are assessing.
More information on this standard can be found on the AIM website.
- Scenario demonstrations with questioning
- Professional discussion underpinned by a portfolio
AIM Associate Assessor
End-point assessors carry out independent assessment of apprentices once they have passed through the gateway. End-point assessors must ensure their occupational competence and knowledge are up to date to ensure they have the right skills and knowledge to remain credible to employers and assess an apprentice's competence.
As an associate end-point assessor working with AIM you will:
- Assess and document apprentice competence against apprenticeship standards at designated venues using the stated assessment methods
- Carry out and document end-point assessment activities in line with AIM and regulatory arrangements
- Provide concise written feedback to apprentices to explain assessment decisions
- Complete and submit reports within the necessary timescales
- Provide advice and support on end-point assessment
- Participate in training and standardisation activities to ensure a consistent approach to end-point assessment
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of the organisation and AIM end-point assessment policies and procedure
Associate assessors for Data Technician must:
- Hold an assessor qualification, e.g. award in undertaking end point assessment. Successful assessors will be required to undertake assessment training.
- Have experience of working in the field of data analysis, as demonstrated within the Data Technician Apprenticeship Standard, gained in the last year or significant experience of the occupation/sector
- Have experience of the application of this occupation across a variety of industries
- Have experience of working with real life data analysis projects
- Understand and have experience in the implementation of projects
- Demonstrate willingness to undertake training about assessment practice, operating the assessment tools and grading
- Be independent of the apprentice, their employer and training provider(s) i.e. there must be no conflict of interest
- Hold minimum of level 2 English and Maths
- Be resident in the UK and have the right to work in the UK
Some experience of working in the education sector would be desirable but not essential as we are looking for industry practitioners. Experience of assessment is desirable, but not essential.
Our assessors should also have:
- Diversity orientation and an inclusive approach
- Excellent organisational skills and a professional approach
- Timekeeping and punctuality
- Problem solving skills and ability to stay calm under pressure
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Willingness to travel
- Self-motivation and a flexible approach with apprentices and employers
- A driving licence (desirable, not essential)