Work with us
To learn more about AIM Qualifications and Assessment Group, visit our About AIM webpage.
If you have any questions about the organisation or the role, please contact our recruitment team, we look forward to hearing from you.
Associate Assessor - Standard: Post Production Technical Operator (Level 4)
Job Type: Part time
Closing Date: January 31st, 2024
Hours per week: Contracted
Salary/Fee: Fee per assessment, based on daily rate
Location: Multiple locations across the UK. Occasional travel to AIM HQ in Derby may be required.
AIM supports the growth in the end-point assessment (EPA) of apprenticeship standards, delivery of high-quality EPA, and working in partnership with major employers across sectors. We are currently focusing our work on the creative and cultural industries. We are seeking to recruit talented and motivated assessors across a range of standards in the creative sector, including Post-Production Technical Operator:
Post-production technical operator
AIM Associate Assessors
End-point assessors carry out independent assessment of apprentices once they have passed through the gateway. End-point assessors must ensure their occupational competence and knowledge are up to date to ensure they have the right skills and knowledge to remain credible to employers and assess an apprentice’s competence.
As an associate end-point assessor working with AIM you will:
- Assess and document apprentice competence against apprenticeship standards at designated venues using the stated assessment methods
- Carry out and document end-point assessment activities in line with AIM and regulatory arrangements
- Provide concise feedback to apprentices to explain assessment decisions
- Complete and submit reports within the necessary timescales
- Provide advice and support on end-point assessment
- Participate in training and standardisation activities to ensure a consistent approach to end-point assessment
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of the organisation and AIM end-point assessment policies and procedure
Associate assessors for Post Production Technical Operator must:
- Have substantial, relevant and current industry knowledge and at least 2 years' experience at a senior level in a Post-Production environment.
- Demonstrate willingness to undertake training about assessment practice, operating the assessment tools and grading
- Have some experience of assessment, some experience of working in the education sector would be desirable but not essential as we are looking for industry practitioners
- Be independent of the apprentice, their employer and training provider(s) i.e. there must be no conflict of interest
- Hold minimum of level 2 English and Maths
- Be resident in the UK and have the right to work in the UK
An assessor qualification would be desirable, but not essential e.g. award in undertaking end-point assessment. Successful assessors will be required to undertake assessment training.
Our assessors should also have:
Diversity orientation and an inclusive approach
Excellent organisational skills and a professional approach
Timekeeping and punctuality
Problem solving skills and ability to stay calm under pressure
Good interpersonal and communication skills
Willingness to travel
Self-motivation and a flexible approach with apprentices and employers
A driving licence (desirable, not essential)