We are currently experiencing a period of growth, particularly in the end-point assessment field, and are looking for a range of experienced, enthusiastic people whose first love is education.
Please click on the links below for more details and to apply. If you have any questions about us or the role, please give us a call or drop us an email – we’d love to hear from you.
IQA - (Internal Quality Assurer) Standard: Data Technician (Level 3)
Job Type: Part time
Start Date: September 15th, 2021
Closing Date: February 28th, 2022
Associate IQA - Internal Quality Assurer
Standard: Data Technician (Level 3)
Hours per week: Contracted
Salary/Fee: Pay based on daily rate, competitive
Location: Multiple locations across the UK. Occasional travel to AIM HQ in Derby may be required.
AIM supports the growth in the end-point assessment (EPA) of apprenticeship standards, delivery of high-quality EPA, working in partnership with major employers across sectors. We are currently focusing our work on the creative and cultural industries. We are seeking to recruit talented and motivated IQAs across a range of standards in the creative sector, including Data Technician.
IQAs for this standard should be knowledgeable within the occupation and have recent, relevant experience.
More information on this standard can be found on the AIM website.
- Scenario demonstrations with questioning
- Professional discussion underpinned by a portfolio
AIM Associate IQAs
AIM operate an internal quality assurance framework that ensures end-point assessments delivered by AIM:
- are fit for purpose
- give all apprentices equal access and opportunity to demonstrate their achievements
- have been through an appropriate development and approval process
- are relevant: the EPA is current and genuinely measures occupational competence. Achievement of the apprenticeship is a dependable predictor of success in the occupation
- are reliable: the EPA produces consistent outcomes irrespective of context, cohort, timing or the organisations involved
- are reviewed regularly to ensure they comply with the above statements
Much of the delivery of our EPA assessments are quality assured by our associate Internal Quality Assurers (IQAs). The Internal Quality Assurer (IQA) is a dual professional, with both assessment and subject level expertise. The role is key in ensuring the validity and reliability of judgements and ultimately the issue of apprenticeship certificates.
As an associate IQA working with AIM you will:
- Plan, operate and evaluate quality assurance systems, by risk rating assessors and setting associated sampling/monitoring plans
- Support and develop assessors by providing advice and leading standardisation activities
- Monitor and improve the quality of assessment practice by observing assessments and reviewing assessment decisions and documents
- Report on the quality of assessment by completing reports and attending meetings
IQAs are expected to have a small caseload of assessments each year.
IQAs for Data Technician must:
- Have worked in the sector and have recent demonstrable experience within the same area as the assessment.
- Hold or be working towards an IQA qualification. Successful IQAs will be required to undertake training in assessment practice.
- Have experience of IQA, some experience of working in the education and training sector would be desirable but not essential as we are looking for industry practitioners
- Be independent of the apprentice, their employer and training provider(s) i.e. there must be no conflict of interest
- Ideally hold or be working towards an end point assessor qualification, this is desirable, not essential.
Our IQAs should also have:
Excellent organisational skills and a professional approach
An eye for detail
Timekeeping and punctuality
Good interpersonal and communication skills