We are currently experiencing a period of growth, particularly in the end-point assessment field, and are looking for a range of experienced, enthusiastic people whose first love is education.
Please click on the links below for more details and to apply. If you have any questions about us or the role, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org - we’d love to hear from you.
Associate Assessor - Cultural Learning and Participation Officer (Level 3)
Job Type: Part time
Start Date: December 21st, 2021
Closing Date: June 30th, 2022
Hours per week: Contracted, Freelance
Salary/Fee: Fee per assessment, based on daily rate
Location: Multiple locations across the UK. Occasional travel to AIM HQ in Derby may be required.
AIM supports the growth in the end-point assessment (EPA) of apprenticeship standards, delivery of high-quality EPA, and working in partnership with major employers across sectors. We are currently focusing our work on the creative and cultural industries. We are seeking to recruit talented and motivated assessors across a range of standards in the creative sector, including Cultural Learning and Participation Officer.
Our Assessor roles are freelance and can be done alongside your current role, they can enhance your continued personal development and support apprentices for their future careers in the creative and cultural sectors.
Cultural Learning and Participation Officer
Assessors for this standard should be knowledgeable within the CLPO occupation and have recent, relevant experience at the same level, or a more senior level than the apprentices they are assessing.
More information on this standard can be found on the AIM website.
- Practical observation
- Professional discussion
AIM Associate Assessor
End-point assessors carry out independent assessment of apprentices once they have passed through the gateway. End-point assessors must ensure their occupational competence and knowledge are up to date to ensure they have the right skills and knowledge to remain credible to employers and assess an apprentice's competence.
As an associate end-point assessor working with AIM you will:
- Assess and document apprentice competence against apprenticeship standards at designated venues using the stated assessment methods
- Carry out and document end-point assessment activities in line with AIM and regulatory arrangements
- Provide concise written feedback to apprentices to explain assessment decisions
- Complete and submit reports within the necessary timescales
- Provide advice and support on end-point assessment
- Participate in training and standardisation activities to ensure a consistent approach to end-point assessment
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of the organisation and AIM end-point assessment policies and procedure
Associate assessors for Cultural Learning and Participation Officer must:
- Have a minimum of 3 years' experience of managing people that are undertaking learning and/community projects within the creative and or cultural sector.
- Have experience of assessment.
- Hold a current enhanced DBS
- Demonstrate willingness to undertake training about assessment practice, operating the assessment tools and grading
- Be independent of the apprentice, their employer and training provider(s) i.e. there must be no conflict of interest
Holding an assessor qualification, e.g. award in undertaking end point assessment would be desirable but not essential. Successful assessors will be required to undertake assessment training.
Experience of working in the education sector would be desirable but not essential as we are looking for industry practitioners
Our assessors should also have:
- Diversity orientation and an inclusive approach
- Excellent organisational skills and a professional approach
- Timekeeping and punctuality
- Problem solving skills and ability to stay calm under pressure
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Willingness to travel
- Self-motivation and a flexible approach with apprentices and employers
- A driving licence (desirable, not essential)